Saturday, August 29, 2009

Securing the Sewer

Today I am installing the PVC sewer pipe to the septice tank outlet.  I noticed the sewer oultet on the trailer was wabbling as though disconnected somewhere inside the floor. I cut a hole in the belly pan to find the scource of the problem. It turnes out the pipe routing the sewage to the outside had complteley disconnected itself from the holding. I manged to sqeeze a coupling in between the two ends and fix it.

Next I routed 4 inch PVC pipe from the trailer outlet to the septic tank opening. I created a truss system for the pipe to rest on and to keep it at a slight angle so no waste would get stuck.

I poured water down the toilet and ran water in the sink to see if the system worked...Turns out that my system worked but there was a leak on the old sewage shutoff valves, which needed to be replace. 

Shutoff valves from 1985


 

No comments:

Post a Comment